Thursday, December 15, 2011

An End of the Semester Poem

Okay, I don't write poetry. Ever. But, as the semester is finally over, I have my graduation paper work all turned in, and my brains and legs feel like jelly, I had to give over to my creative inner child. (Yes, my finals made my legs feel like jelly. My second final today included a straight hour, on my feet singing.) I am so glad I only have a semester left to deal with all of this madness, in honor of this step forward, here is my whimsical poem.

Finals are over, the homework is done!
I wish I could say it had all been great fun,
But, if I'm honest, that just isn't so.
Here are some things about school you should know:

Class always starts early
The bus is always late.
When e'er you e-mail professors
Forever you must wait.

Their responses are brief
 And never quite meet
The basic expectations
Of a students quandary.

You spend all of your money
On a textbook you despise
Then miserably sell it back
At a quarter of the price.

You jump through hoop
And loop-de-loop
Your brains they scoop
You feel like poop.

They rob you of your will to live
Then make you pay the bill
Go ahead schmoes, go back to school
I swear I never will!


No comments:

Post a Comment