Monday, December 31, 2018

At year's end

I usually do a Christmas card blog post, but I guess this year I'm late, so call it my annual reflection post.


2018 was notable in our family for a number of reasons. We will get to file for taxes in two different states, which is exactly as exciting as it sounds, and our kids have mastered all sorts of new skills.


Paul can write him name, trace letters, and he is learning some sight words. He likes reading Captain Underpants books together and building legos. Here Paul demonstrates the train track he and Lee built while I made Christmas cookies and Laszlo napped:


Laszlo likes trains, books about trains, hats, and shoes. He has mastered the four word phrases "No, I do it!" And "Mickey Mouse Club House."

Christmas Eve day was spent out and about so we could wear out our kids.

This year we've been visiting national parks, so far King's Canyon, Sequoia, Rocky Mountain, and Death Valley have been checked off our list. In 2019 I hope to get to Joshua Tree, Yosemite, and Sequoia (again).

Christmas Eve cookie and gingerbread house decorating.

Early Christmas morning, ready to open presents.

Paul shows off the special ornament he made for us at school.

Laszlo had fun going through his stocking Christmas morning.
This year Paul started school, Lee started a new job, I joined a choir, and Laszlo learned to like people besides me. With all our busyness and change there has been one, comforting constant: Paul still thinks poop is really funny, and that makes all the difference.



Happy New Year from me and mine to you and yours! May your goals be reasonable and pursued passed February. I for one am really looking forward to once again writing the wrong year on forms, checks, and schedules.

With love,

 from the Phillips clan.

1 comment:

  1. What a great Blog! Thanks for sharing. It is not as great as being there but it will do! Love all the pictures and story!

    ReplyDelete