Friday, September 10, 2010

You Might be a Tom-Boy if...

I have slowly but surely realized that I might in fact be one of those manly girls that makes men cringe. It's been a slow build to this point, but I am being to see a clearer picture of myself, and I now understand why I only go on dates about once every six months, and there is never a second date.

#1: I wear man shorts. They are comfy, unflattering, and eliminate the need for a purse. I can actually fit stuff in the pockets. I don't see a down side to this.

#2: I prefer to not do my hair or wear make-up. In fact, I don't brush my hair most days. Yesterday, when I was overcome with a strange desire to wear make-up and look nice, Sheldon and Brian gave me the look that said, "Who are you, and what have you done with Claire."

#3: I actually don't like it when a guy opens my car door. On a date it's fine, but it's cumbersome and takes a long time and it's not as if I couldn't do it myself!

#4: I had no homework and didn't have to go to work. I could have done anything. I ate pizza and drank Dr. Pepper while watching Twin Dragons (a Jackie Chan classic) and Mortal Kombat: The Movie. Excellent expenditure of my time.

#5: I love Sci-fi/Action-Adventure/Kung-Fu/War/Western movies, I am far more picky about the chick-flicks I am willing to watch. I mean, if I am going to watch a redundant, cliche plot line, there better be some sweet explosions and clever one liners.

In short, you might as well call me Bradley!!

3 comments:

  1. I relate to all but the hair brushing...I brush mine daily
    Phillip

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know what a tom-boy is until you see army chicks. Even with these five descriptions, you gush with femininity compared to some of the (loosely termed) females I have worked with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate but still do my hair everyday, oh and I don't like sci fi that well.

    ReplyDelete