Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Purpose of Facebook

Life Lesson #51: The reason Social Networking websites were invented was to provide opportunities to write someone a birthday note without giving money to Hallmark.

I would have forgotten my own birthday if I hadn't gotten 28 posts on my facebook wall in regards to it. Also, I got half a dozen text messages and about four phone calls. Apparently, the purpose of technology is to prevent me from ignoring days that would otherwise have passed uneventfully.

In case you were wondering, my birthday celebration included:
Going to class
Eating lunch at Subway (thanks Lee!!)
Writing a paper and reading my textbook
Eating dinner my roommates made (Thanks Jess and Connie!)
Practicing Improv
and
Refusing to go to bed before midnight even though I had early class. Because it was my birthday, I got my way.

4 comments:

  1. Can you imagine if all of those well-wishers would have approached you in person? Thank your lucky birthday stars for technology. By the way (and by way of your blog), happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purpose of facebook is so a whole lot of people notice your birthday who would have otherwise forgotten it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always get your way, sweet cheeks. And oh my gosh I slept through class this morning...I just realized I should have let you know somehow. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we've established the purpose of Facebook... Now that you're back from Italy, you need to establish the purpose of a blog--- by doing a nice long Travelogblog (as Lisa and I like to call it) loaded with pictures.

    ReplyDelete