Saturday, June 18, 2011

Certain parties, you know who you are.

There are certain parties, who shall remain unnamed at this time, who had a crazy idea in his/her/their head(s) that I didn't know how to cook. I am not here to defend or refute this accusation, I am just here to state the facts.
Fact: Lee and I have been married for 22 days.
Fact: Lee has cooked dinner 2-3 times.
Fact: We haven't eaten the same meal twice yet.
Some menu items have included: Dutch oven chicken and potatoes, cheesy broccoli soup, mango fajitas, taco salad, berry pie, scallop potatoes and ham, totally legit penne italiano style, stuffed peppers, and chicken black bean chili.
Well 'certain parties,' what do you have to say for yourself/selves?

7 comments:

  1. By "parties" do you mean birthday parties, because if so, I just had one, and you haven't called me yet to wish me a happy birthday. (Blog comments, though nice, are NOT phone calls.)Do you still want me to send you some of our favorite recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't know how to cook when I got married (yes, I believed that potatoes and brownies came from a box). I would never accuse any one of being less prepared than I was. And if you get as poor and hungry as we were in Logan, you can always make Hamburger Helper and leave out the humberger. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crazy-headed people only needed to stop and think and then realize that you are related to LISA— Of course your cooking will be delicious, nutritious and ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on your menu and minus Lee's cooking days, you guys have been going out way too often. You should try doing something in your own kitchen. You might even get the hang of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, please come to my house and cook for me. (On hands and knees begging). Your menu sounds waaaaay better than what I can squeeze out in the 5 minutes my kids leave me alone to cook.

    ReplyDelete