Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I've decided to use the "Bold random words" writing technique. Let me know how it worked.

For all you Harry Potter fans, this week is a very special one. That's right, the final installment of the septrilogy--or octrilogy--is finally being released to a theater near you. This Friday, we'll finally find out who the half-blood Prince is...dang, I mean, we'll finally find out who Harry's REAL father is! Shoot, that's not it either...Oh! We'll finally get to see how David Yates interprets the dramatic death scene (I'm not saying whose death, in case you were too lazy to read a few thousand pages of young adult fiction. Seriously guys, it's not Tolstoy, you could read it in a day if you wanted to.)
In it's opening weekend, HP 7.2 is projected to earn 153 million dollars and from what I understand, over 35 million dollars have already been made in advanced ticket sales. Lee and I bought our tickets yesterday, and we were already too late to see the show at 12:01, 12:02, 12:03, or 12:04 AM on Friday. We settled for 2:40 AM. I know, you all think we're crazy. But we are two crazy people who will have seen Harry Potter 7.2 before you, and don't you forget it.

Anyway, in order to share my excitement I am posting a link to the most incredibly difficult timed test you will ever take.

Can you name the top 200 Harry Potter characters in 18 minutes? I challenge all of you to take the quiz and post your score, if anyone can beat my high score of 195, I will buy them a butterbeer.


hints: if you put in a last name (i.e. "potter," "weasley,") all characters with that last name will appear.
ALL named animals, pets, magical creatures, etc count as characters. Ghosts count as characters.
For the most part, you have to be able to spell the names.
Some characters are people who are frequently mentioned but never actually introduced. (i.e. "Nicolas Flamel" from book 1) Now I have given away a dozen or more answers, get to it!!

6 comments:

  1. I recently got a perfect score on the aforementioned quiz. I dare you to also get a perfect score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Only a 96. I obviously need to do a little studying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is a very informative blog.i should bookmark it.
    Casa Domani

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is very informative blog.thank you.
    Casa Domani

    ReplyDelete