Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Party

 I am on a roll! Two blogs WITH photos in as many days! wOOt! Seeing as Lee and I were in a play which consumed our Friday evening, Saturday evening/night and Monday evening/night/early Tuesday morning, we had to celebrate Halloween on Sunday. I decided to throw a party that consisted of food and games, stuff I might do on Sunday anyway. The Halloween themed decor and costumes were an added bonus.
Here are the pumpkins we carved. Lee made Jack the Pumpkin King, I made an HvZ Zombie. You can't see that his brains are oozing out the top, but they are.

They also look fantastic all lit up!


Lots of people brought additional goodies, but here are all the treats I provided. I know, it looks amazing. It WAS amazing. We still have a lot of leftovers that may last until Thanksgiving when I have a new excuse to pie and brownies.



Lee and I were Hansel and Gretel. You can vaguely see the backs of Greg and Danie who were Finn from Adventure Time and The Marvelous Mad Madame Mim, respectively.

Lee borrowed the Liederhosen from our friend Jon, the Dirndl I am wearing was Grandmary's.







Here are friends Chelsie and Shalysse. Chelsie was a card board box, and she remained dedicated to her costume. She didn't get out of her costume to sit down, eat drink, or even to watch a movie. Yeah, she sat through the whole movie as a box. Shalysse is the heroine from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." Kudos for originality!

Rachel thought it was so funny to jump into this picture with us that she couldn't stop laughing. This was the least blurry version.

Here I am with former roommate Jess who is dressed up like Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. This was snapped right before I swooped in and set the new record for bobbing for apples. I got my apple in 2 seconds flat. No one dared to challenge me after that. I did, however, manage to bit my lip in the process and now I have a large and rather painful sore on my bottom lip. Was it worth it? Yes.

That pretty much sums it up! I don't know if we got trick-or-treaters, we weren't home. I left a bucket of candy on the porch, but based on how much is left I am going to assume we didn't get any.

6 comments:

  1. Creepy Eyes. I think you know which pictures I'm referring to. Yes your treat table looks amazing, but now I know you've stolen the silver pitcher from mom. I'm onto your games. PS Lee's pumpkin totally beat yours in coolness. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costumes! Did you remember the bread crumbs? Or did the birds eat them? Since you are a vocal major, I recommend the 1954 stop motion animated musical, Hansel and Gretel: An Opera Fantasy. The best line is one the boys hear when they get into snacks they're not supposed to have:

    Nibbling, nabbling, crunching,
    who on my house is munching?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I didn't steal the silver, mom gave it to me. Much like she gave you and Laura the china.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee doesn't even have his own leiderhosen? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mom didn't give me that china. I stole it.

    ReplyDelete