Monday, November 12, 2012

Will run maze for cheese, I mean, cash.

I had the opportunity to participate in a research study this past week. So did a lot of other people. So, about 100 of us walked around in a circle with walls made of plywood, wearing graduation caps with bar codes on top. The objective of the study was to understand pedestrian evacuation patterns and how those patterns may be altered by the presence of persons with disabilities, but they could have learned a few other things too.

1. How long it takes for lazy kids to stop doing something that is "boring."
2. How long before everybody pulls out their phones
3. What college students will do for $50 (pretty much anything).
4. How many cookies I take is directly proportional to how long they have been on the table tempting me.
5. Whether or not humans are exactly like lab rats (they are).

The study needs volunteers again this Thursday and Saturday. If you want to know, yes I will be participating again. This time I'll bring a book. Lee can also join in the fun! Which means we will each make an extra $100 this week. As you know, $100 + $100 = Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. For fifty bucks I would also walk around wearing a graduation cap eating cookies. That seems like a great way to earn money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way I could do this study remotely? I'd be great at eating cookies.

    ReplyDelete