Sunday, January 26, 2014

Science and Games.

Every parent does some level of experimenting on their offspring, I am no exception. Here are my findings thus far:

I have discovered Paul's musical preferences. Paul likes The Beatles. "Good Day Sunshine" is a personal favorite. Classic rock puts him to sleep just as fast as soothing lullabies. When I started singing West Side Story, Paul cried; when I switched to Rusalka, he smiled. I take this to mean that Paul is partial to Dvorak and he is fine with a German translation rather than the original Czech. As for his compositional preferences, I had him step on the keyboard and he played a piece made up of dissonant chords and tonal clusters: very Avant Garde!

That is as far as my research has taken me. In reward for your willingness to listen to my ramble, here is a cute video of a game that Paul seemed to really enjoy:
 


And Paul, the balancing baby wonder (with invisible help from Daddy.)


 This look from Paul's "too tired for expression" collection:



No comments:

Post a Comment