Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What I wish someone had told me.



Life Lesson #44: I am not very photogenic.

The Antics are doing a Ladies Night, in which all our female troupe members will perform and all ladies will a dollar off admission. That is all fine and good, but then someone had the bright idea to get nice pictures of us to use for advertising and promotions for the show. I learned in that little photo shoot that I don't know how to genuinely smile for a camera, and that I have a weird face. I wish someone had told me that I don't pose for photos very well before I went through the trauma of every other girl having some nice fun pictures, and I just looked like the messy-haired idiot who was too lazy to wear make-up that day. Here is my proof:

I was also too lazy to stand up apparently...
Or have any kind of good posture. Also, I wasn't showing my teeth...
I suggested we do a fake laugh picture because then I wouldn't have to really smile...
I don't even know what I was doing in this picture...I'm not sure I knew we were taking a picture...
I think smiling or pretending to smile had become too difficult by this point...

And this is what I look like when I laugh. I wish I'd known my face got all lopsided when I laughed, I would stop thinking things were funny just to avoid the embarrassment of this facial expression.

3 comments:

  1. Your friends obviously aren't very nice. Nice friends would say, "You look like a hunchback sit up straight." Also try practicing that smile in the mirror. I've seen plenty of nice pictures of you, but honestly a good picture smile requires practice because it is rarely your natural smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd blame the camera, the photographer, or the lighting. They're all defective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as picture smiles go, Lisa swears by pretending to say "What..." They turn out nice every time.

    ReplyDelete