Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What I hate about Salesmen:

Life Lesson #46: There is only one Salesman of whom I have a high opinion. His name is Lars. All other salesmen will be measured against the yardstick of Lars, and will fall short.

What I hate about salesmen:

A) I hate when they hover around me, waiting for me to make a mistake and say something positive about the merchandise.

B) I hate when I tell them what I am looking for and what my price range is, and they find something that fits neither criteria and try to sell it to me, hoping I won't notice.

C) I hate when they get offended because I tell them I don't like the out-of-my-price-range not-what-I-asked-for item they just tried to sell me.

Life Lesson #47: One can avoid salesmen altogether by shopping online.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Claire, this sounds like a post right after Lisa's own heart. If there was ever any doubt you two were related this post confirmed it. :)

    The only difference is Lisa would have put

    D) I hate when the salesperson talks to me AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salesmen should be seen and not heard, preferrably not seen either. My ideal waitress/waiter silently keeps my drinks refilled without ever talking to me.

    ReplyDelete