Wednesday, January 19, 2011

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!

After three and a half years of keeping tally, The Great Elder Writing Contest has finally come to a close!
I have written A LOT of missionaries over the course of my college career, the first of which went out July 2007 and the last came home December 2010. Over that period of time, I wrote 13 missionaries for their full two year missions (plus some other sundry Sisters and Elders for shorter amounts of time.)

The scoring system works as follows: Letters = 1 Pictures = 1/2 Packages = 2.

Without further ado, here are the results!!

1st Place: Elder Bellamy
22 Letters + 4 Pictures + 2 Packages = 28
2nd Place: Elder Terry
23 Letters + 5 Pictures = 25.5
3rd Place: Elder Phillips
20 Letters + 9 Pictures = 24.5

The Honorable Mentioneers:
Elder McKenna
17 Letters + 2 Pictures = 18
Elder Allred
15 Letters + 3 Pictures = 16.5

The "We Done Good"-ers:
Elder Cox
14 Letters + 1 Picture = 14.5
Elder Burgoyne
12 Letters + 2 Pictures = 13
Elder Hillyard
12 Letters = 12

The "We Tried Our Best"-ers:
Elder Behunin
7 Letters = 7
Elder Ferrell
4 Letters + 1 Picture = 4.5
Elder Peters
4 Letters + 1 Picture = 4.5
Elder McConkie
4 Letters = 4

The Abysmal Failure(s):
Elder Huffaker
3 Letters = 3


6 comments:

  1. All this adds up to a lot of postage. I'd like to see you add all of these up to see how much money you could have saved by not writing all but Lee. Also, you should take into consideration cost of paper, packaging, package contents, pictures, and ink. I'd be interested to know how much money you spent supporting these innumerable missionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't innumerable, there are 13 of them. In answer to your question, I spent a lot. A couple hundred dollars, likely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused, are these points for you, or for them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hedged your bets and you won. Will you manage my mutual fund?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel- These are the points they got for writing me back. I get 2 million points for writing in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't an Abysmal Failure!! If I beat Brad, I'm pretty sure that means that I won.

    ReplyDelete