Saturday, November 18, 2017

Autumn Update: Apples, Halloween, and Birthdays!

October was entirely too warm, which is to say it was in the 80's and 90's and I was so ready to wear long pants and turn off the A/C...but I couldn't. That meant it was a little too warm when we went to Apple Annie's to pick pumpkins and apples, but we still enjoyed their goodies and the apples we picked were divine, we should have picked more.




Paul was so excited for Halloween, we found lots of excuses to put our costumes on. We did a couple trunk-or-treats, a party, and the main event: trick-or-treating. We painted our pumpkins from Apple Annie's and for Paul's we used some special toys to give it a pirate face...



This may be the last year we do a unified family costume, but we didn't waste the opportunity! Here is my Laszlo-ceratops...


And our Triceratops and T-Rex together...


And finally here they are with our favorite paleontologist and paleobotanist from Jurassic Park. Oh yeah, we are that cool.


Fast forward...
Today my house is a disaster zone as we try to clear away the aftermath of tropical storm "Birthday." I am going to start discreetly deflating a balloon a day until they're all gone, though it will be a little more difficult that I originally assumed as now half of them have faces. That means I will have to snuff out their existence as they watch me with their Sharpie marked eyes, pleading for life...

Anyway! We got to celebrate Laszlo's first birthday this weekend and Paul's 4th this week. Which means we had a little party for the both of them and the celebrating has been stretched and prolonged to the point that I don't know when it will stop. Whenever packages stop coming in the mail, I guess.

But you aren't here to read my prattling on! I know you are really here to see how crazy messy Laszlo got eating his cupcake. Oh, it was a doozy. His finest work thus far in messy eating, a medium he uses with no small skill.

4 candles in one cupcake. It can be done!

He samples the frosting, just to make sure it's good.

He decides it is really, REALLY good.

Now he has a Cake O'Clock shadow!

Now here is a short video of the cake smash, because it is adorable. This video is also going to basically be an add for a video editing software I am testing out and I haven't decided if I will purchase it yet. As such, this clip is marred by an enormous watermark. Ignore the corporate logo, enjoy the happy baby.



Thanks for reading, folks! I look forward to summing up every life event of the past year in a Christmas Card style blog post that approximately 12 people will read.

No comments:

Post a Comment