Thursday, May 27, 2010

Life Lesson #15

Life Lesson #15: Real friendships and relationships can be replaced by a television series.

Since I got home for the summer, most of my friends are:
A) In Logan
B) At work
C) On missions
D) Crazy

I have been left to myself and, therefore, have to get my social interactions from sources that are...somewhat fictional. The spectrum of coping with loneliness is as follows:


I am stuck somewhere in Stage Three. Through a variety of programs, I get my fix for all my social groups, therefore, I miss out on nothing.

Chuck: By watching Adam Baldwin portray a super-muscled, gun-wielding, grouchy-but-attractive, super-spy, I no longer need to meet or look at real-life eye candy.

Big-Bang Theory: I no longer miss my exceptionally intelligent/nerdy friends. It's like I get hang out with them and have Star Wars/LOTR/Firefly/Harry Potter/Jaws marathons even though I never leave my house.

Glee: This show fills the empty place in my heart that being in Choirs/Musicals/Operas would usually fill. Sue Sylvester is like Jean Maguire--my high school choir director--and all the kids on the show are the kids I go to school with and have gone to school with for the better part of my natural life.

30 Rock: It's a little like being at improv because of the wide variety of colorful characters. In fact, each episode is like a 20 minute Stir Fry! (Most of my readers don't know what that means. That's okay. Just overlook it.)

Psych: This one makes me feel like I'm back with my roommates; pulling some ridiculous shennanigans, and referencing movies no one else has seen. Tricia, Kelsha; I miss you guys.

I may be nearing actual insanity, but I'm not there yet. If I decide to write a novella, consider it a cry for help. Do an intervention.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I was just thinking about writing a story today and thought to my self 'wow, I really am getting bored.' But now I know. It's just science.

    I miss you too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can live a full and happy life with TV as your only friend and perhaps a blog as an outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, talking to an imaginary friend is a problem. I think you're wrong, besides, I'm not entirely convinced she's imaginary. You may have heard of her, her name is Mycolleen.

    ReplyDelete