Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thirteen and a half life lessons later...

Life Lesson #13: The number thirteen is not unlucky.

Evidence: This is my 13th life lesson and there is nothing wrong with it.

Life Lesson #13.5: There is no comeback in a rhetorical battle for your opponent when he/she says "You're Poopy!"

A Rhetorical Example:
The names might have been changed to protect the involved parties.

Claire: It's a free country! You're not the boss of me!

Grace: You're not the boss of me!

Claire: I am when you're Mom isn't here! OH Snap!

Grace: You're Poopy!

Claire: Dag.

It simply isn't fair! I thought the comeback to end all comebacks was "I know what you are, but what am I?" Apparently the world of children's insult wars has moved on from where it was in my day...I am so out of my depth with kids these days! How will I ever maintain being the coolest Aunt? How can I convince your children that I am cool? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Being aloof should work. Or pretending their jokes are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feed them candy, let them stay up late and then send them home...

    ReplyDelete