Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Blog was brought to you by the number 4 and the letter DR. PEPPER!!

Life Lesson #40: Caffeine is NOT my friend.

Why, you may ask? Because when I drink something caffeinated, I get anxious and jittery (more so that usual.) Because I drank not even a whole serving of Dr. Pepper three hours ago or more, and I still feel that way. Because it is 4:40 AM and I am wide awake, in bed, blogging like I swallowed a gallon of Jet Alert. Because I have to go to work in five hours where I will talk nonstop for four hours with a voice that will be lost from lack of sleep. Because now I am incredibly thirsty and the more I drink, the fuller my bladder will be, the less likely it is that I will be able to fall asleep. Because I know I will crash in an hour or so, and getting very little sleep is far more difficult for me to deal with that getting no sleep.

2 comments:

  1. bleh, how can you even drink that nasty stuff. I hate Dr. Pepper, and pretty much every other of the "brown colored" soda varietys. In fact I don't particularly like soda, but Dr. Pepper, you might as well drink carbonated cough syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't you be reshingling a roof or baking? I think that's what Marge did when she had insomnia. Sarah

    ReplyDelete