Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Lee!

I apologize in advance that our camera isn't working so we don't have any pictures. I will insert random  images from Google to make this post more interesting.

I think we are finally done celebrating Lee's birthday!
The cake I made didn't look as cute as this.
Celebrations are best when they are drawn out over several days, which is exactly what we did this last week. On Tuesday (Aug. 28) we went to the Brigham City Temple open house with our friends Amanda and Jon Jones.
Located approximately here, in my imagination.
Since it was Jon's Birthday on Tuesday and Lee's Birthday on Wednesday, Amanda and I arranged for a little surprise party to be in place when we got back to Logan. We ate cake and pizza, played games, and were successful in being sneaky. They didn't suspect a thing.

This is a rough sketch of what Lee looked like when everyone yelled "Surprise!!"
On Lee's real birthday, (Aug 29) we didn't have much time to celebrate. With work and school and meetings, we had a lot going on. We did, however, get all our meals for free compliments of Cal-Con, and Lee loved his present!
I thought you would like something you can use everyday without thinking about it or caring.
We continued our celebrating on Saturday when Mom and Dad came to Logan to take us to dinner and buy us some groceries. Mom also gave Lee a documentary mini-series Engineering and Empire. It combines history and engineering, so we have both enjoyed it quite a bit. In fact, we've watched most of it already.
We loooove it! But that might be  because HypnoToad is the narrator.

The final celebration came when Lee's family drove up to Bear Lake and invited us along. We spent Monday at the Lake, playing on the beach, and building sandcastles.
Don't twitch when the flies walk on your eyeballs, or Mom will realize this is just a prank.
We got the famed Old Ephraim pizza (a 28" monstrosity that the six of us couldn't finish.)
Approximately this big.

As is tradition, we got sunburned. Lee's back is a loverly shade of lobster pink, and I think I will have a new tan before the end of the week!

Honey, I swear I put sunblock on you!!
Now it's back to the old grindstone, but thanks to everyone that made this an awesomely extended birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never realized how much Lee looked like Lucille Ball. Also I remember that hand print sunburn only it was on mom...

    ReplyDelete