Friday, September 28, 2012

What Movie Would Make the Worst Musical?

The Antics, with the help of a few friends, are performing a murder mystery this October at Utah State. We are writing it ourselves, so I have a lot of say in who my character is and I am writing all of my scripted dialogue myself.
I also made her a fan page on facebook! That way the smartphone carrying crowd can look up the various characters and learn more about their motives, etc.
I feel like I have given Chloe LaRue, my character, a pretty good back story! But I could use some more suggestions.
She is an aging beauty queen/actress/lounge singer who never got to be the superstar she feels she deserved to be. I am looking for a few more specifics for her resume. I have invented a few shows for her to have performed in, but I would be interested in getting some more. These need to be the quality of show that would open off Broadway and only last a couple weeks or television shows that got cancelled during season one (for good reason).

Play Examples:
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days: The Musical
Sleepless in Seattle: The Musical
Paranormal Activity: The Musical
Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis: Doin' the Jitterbug
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: The Musical

TV Examples:
Police Divas
Name That Baby (game show host)
Sweet Heartland (for which Chloe won an Emmy. A daytime Emmy, that is.)
Cabaret: The Liza Minnelli Story, a Lifetime Original Movie

I am related to some very creative and talented people, I bet you guys could come up with some great ideas!


3 comments:

  1. If you want to go deeper into who Chloe is I suggest thinking about possible events from her childhood and teenage years that may have influenced her career choice. A for instance would be she was deemed "Most likely to marry a millionaire" in her high school yearbook.
    Perhaps Chloe's mom kept a newspaper clipping of her when she made the front page of the local newspaper with the headline "A 6-year-old star is born at the Christmas Pageant."

    Think deep like inception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeney Todd, starring.... oh wait. They already adapted that as a musical.

    ReplyDelete