Sunday, September 16, 2012

Worst Nightmare

We had an awesome weekend because the amazing Sarah Burnett came for a little visit! Sarah and her sister Becky came and saw the Antics' "Ladies Night" show. All female cast, tons of awesome improv. Both Sarah and Becky told me after the show that doing improv would be their  worst nightmare. Getting on a stage in front of an audience, having no idea what is going to come out of your mouth next, and you have to somehow make these people laugh. Apparently the most common phobia of them all is public speaking, but that is probably because not as many people know about improv.

The next morning, Sarah and Becky got up bright and early to run in the Top of Utah Marathon. Hmm...waking up and the crack of dawn to travel 26.2 miles on foot as quickly as possible, where other people can watch you puke, and there are no lunch breaks. Not only are there no lunch breaks, there is only water every other mile, and you can't take more than six hours. Oh, and you have to pay to do this. That sounds like my worst nightmare.

I'm glad that we could cheer each other on in our crazy hobbies! I promise I will never make you do improv, Sarah, if you never make me run a marathon.

4 comments:

  1. I thought your worst nightmare was being trapped inside Hogle Zoo's reptile house during an earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I totally forgot your chocolates. We went back to get them, and of course, being a Sunday in Logan, it was CLOSED! I'll send you something else random instead. If you get something weird in the mail, and wonder who sent it...blame it on Garrett.

    And thanks for coming to cheer us on. That really meant a lot to me and sorry if I was totally out of it.

    And another thing...I don't think that our hobbies are really equal because you are way better at improv than I am at running. So you still are cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting the Wilde girls crash with you. I wish I could have been there (if only to spoon with Lee when you guys turned on one of the Twilight movies).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both running a marathon and doing improv would be my worst nightmare.

    ReplyDelete