Saturday, April 10, 2010

Life Lesson #7: A good prank takes a little spontaneity and a funny idea. A great prank takes a lot of planning, a once in a lifetime opportunity, and a brilliant idea.

Behold the result of months of planning! Come next week, a wedding announcement--featured here--will be on its way to Geneva Switzerland, where an unsuspecting Elder with a little over a month left will see photos of his friend/ex-girlfriend (Me) engaged to his former companion (Ben.)

The cheesiness and cliche nature of the announcement was intentional. I designed it myself, trying to make it nice enough to be believable, but bad enough to be...well, bad. If Kevin (the Elder) thinks my taste is that bad and doesn't notice that I'm not wearing a ring AND that I'm registered at a ridiculous number of places, then he deserves to be duped.

I'll tell him the truth, of course, but I could not resist this opportunity. Ben and I discovered this mutual acquaintance last fall and have been plotting this ever since. I consider this to be one of the crowning achievements of college years.


7 comments:

  1. Never tell him the truth. In fact, if he guesses the truth, deny it. That cranks the prank up a notch. Nice invite. You guys are adorable, but look in no way affectionate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a jerk. Funny, but a jerk. You're invitation epitomizes everything that is most silly in a wedding announcement. Also I had a newsie hat in highschool, but I never had an opera costume. I've run out of random things to say and I'm leaving to clean smashed playdoh off the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite part is the awful opera costumes coupled with the title "Love at the Opera" but in french. everything is "classier" in french.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hold onto these. When you really do get engaged, we can just PhotoShop in your fiance's face, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't wait to meet my new son-in-law to be. I think this should merit at least one date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must post the picture were too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't get the pictures up. Something about a corrupted file. So I put them on facebook and posted a link to the facebook album on the blog. I might try again and see if I can get the photos in a format that is actually compatible with whatever picture posting whatsit this site uses.

    ReplyDelete