Monday, April 5, 2010

What I got out of General Conference.

Life Lesson #3: If you are planning to stay awake for something, don't curl up in a squashy armchair, in your pajamas, with a fuzzy blanket.

Good Example: When I go to class, I sit in a terrible, hard, uncomfortable, right-handed desk. I take notes and readjust every few minutes to prevent my legs and hind parts from falling asleep.

Bad Example: When I watch General Conference, I roll out of bed and drag my warmest blanket with me. I then go to my favorite chair/couch and get as comfortable as physically possible. Movement is rarely necessary.

I stay awake during class. I have NEVER remained awake for all parts of all the four sessions of Conference that I watch. Lesson learned? I'll let you know in six months.

2 comments:

  1. I accidentally started following my own blog. tacky. So I thought I would bring the awkwardness full circle by commenting on my own post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me comment on your comment by saying, no sleep is more heavenly than church sleep.

    ReplyDelete